CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
RIGMAR has long-established core values associated with health and safety, environmental stewardship, honesty and integrity, corporate citizenship and a high performance team.
Our Corporate Responsibility (CR) Policy, encompassing twelve principles, is a continuing commitment to these core values. We recognize that doing business in any community is a privilege, and to honor that privilege we strive to conduct business in a safe, clean, secure, responsible and cost effective manner.
We put the 12 principles of our CR Policy into practice every day to manage our business in a way that demonstrates our commitment to these high standards while implementing a management system approach to drive continual improvement in these areas.
The 12 CR principles are:
- Incident Prevention:To provide a safe and injury free workplace through our HES&S Beliefs and Life Critical Expectations with the aim of sending all employees and contractors home safely.
- Environmental Stewardship:To be committed to environmental protection and to emphasize, to the extent practical, conservation of all resources and the minimization of wastes, emissions, and releases throughout the Company’s operations.
- Communities:To be a good neighbor in the communities in which we operate by (a) proactively consulting with stakeholders on issues of mutual interest, (b) respecting the human, cultural and legal rights of individuals and communities, and (c) endorsing the goals and principles of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Security:To implement risk mitigation and loss prevention strategies that assist in the protection of employees, the environment, the Company's reputation, proprietary information, third parties, and both physical and financial assets worldwide.
- Emergency Preparedness:To maintain a preparedness and response program with the goal of protecting employees, contractors, and other people in and around our facilities, the environment, and our corporate resources.
- Risk Assessment:To systematically identify potential HES&S risks, assess their relative significance, and develop reduction measures to ensure risks are properly addressed.
- Legislative and Regulatory Compliance:To comply with all applicable HES&S laws, regulations, and other requirements, and to actively participate in the development of responsible laws, regulations and standards regarding HES&S issues.
- Training and Education:To ensure that employees understand their HES&S responsibilities and are trained to perform their assignments with competency by supporting education and research on the HES&S effects of the Company’s products and processes and providing information to and work with stakeholders to foster the safe use, handling, transportation, storage, recycling, reuse and disposal of our materials, products, and wastes.
- Contractor Performance:To recognize that the Company’s contractors are pivotal to achieving the HES&S goals, and to support these contractors by monitoring their performance, using the performance results in the selection process, and working with them to align our common interests and promote HES&S excellence.
- Measurement of Performance:To regularly measure the Company’s HES&S performance by using key indicators, and to use periodic reviews and audits to monitor conformance to the Company’s management systems and ensure compliance with applicable HES&S regulatory and internal requirements.
- Continual Improvement:To seek continual improvement in the Company’s overall HES&S performance by utilizing the management systems to provide a framework for setting objectives and targets, measuring performance, and transparency in reporting results.
- Communication:To communicate our HES&S commitments, responsibilities and performance to the Company’s employees, contractors, the public and other key stakeholders.